Silk Painting NYC
This silk painting workshop is perfect for the beginner who wants to dabble in silk painting and learn a few basic techniques on how to design a silk scarf.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to apply silk paints to create a unique, one-of-a-kind hand-painted silk scarf using the salt technique and embellish it with metallic outliner. The following topics will be covered:
- About the art of silk painting - what makes this art form unique
- Overview of materials and supplies
- How to apply silk paint
- The different pattern effects that silk salt has when combined with silk paints
- How to embellish your scarf with metallic outliners
- All tools and silk paints will be supplied for use in class
- One 8” x 32” white silk scarf to paint on and take home
- Instruction sheet and resource list to take home
Each participant will leave with their own one of a kind silk scarf!
LOCATION: ARTISTS & FLEAS, 490 Broadway @ Broome, New York, NY
(Limited to 4 people)
Unable to attend one of our in-person silk painting workshops? No problem! Check out our collection of silk painting kits. Each kit includes a blank white silk scarf, the pattern, supplies and detailed step-by-step instructions.