Silk Scarf Painting: Designing with Metallic Outliners
In this silk painting workshop, you’ll learn how to use metallic outliners and silk paints to create a beautiful one-of-a-kind silk scarf. Our exclusive patterns will be provided. We’ll spend an afternoon covering the following topics:
• The art of silk painting- what makes this art form unique
• Overview of materials and supplies used
• How to trace your design on silk
• How to create a design using metallic outliners
• How to work with silk paints
• The different pattern effects that salt, sugar and rubbing alcohol has when combined with silk paints
• All tools and silk paints will be supplied for use in class
• One 11” x 60” silk scarf to paint on and take home
• Our exclusive patterns (for use in class)
• Instruction sheet and resource list to take home
Each participant will leave with their own one of a kind silk scarf!
Cost: $125 per person**
• Sunday, June 25, 2017 (registration opens April 23rd and closes on June 21st) | REGISTER
• Sunday, September 10, 2017 (registration for this date is currently not open, please sign up for our newsletter to be notified when registration opens)
Time: 12:00 – 5:00pm
Location: Gathering Floral Design, 5 City Tudor Place, New York, NY 10017 (walking distance from Grand Central Station)
** There must be a minimum of 4 people enrolled for this class to run. If a class cancels due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund. This is class is intended for small groups. Maximum capacity is 4 people.
Cancellation policy: If you can no longer attend the workshop, you must cancel 48 hours prior to the workshop in order to receive a full refund. Cancellations that occur less than 48 hours in advance will be refunded 50%.